Technology has come a long way. You are no longer limited to doing things the old fashioned way. Instead of apartment hunting which is tiring, time consuming, or sometimes not an option for people relocating, you can now rent an apartment online. What’s best is that you can do it in your underwear! Ok maybe not, but it’s that convenient and easy.
In order to successfully rent an apartment online, you need to do your homework first. Here are the guidelines you need to follow:
- Compose a list of all your “must-haves” in the new apartment. Figure out how many bedrooms and bathrooms you need. Factor in important features like appliances such as a washer and dryer, or air conditioning. Think about the locations you are interested in and rate them from preferred, might consider to won’t even think of.
- Your preferences will help you narrow down your search. Go to Google, or your favorite search engine and type in some of the things you want. Here’s an example of what to enter: “unfurnished 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit for rent in Toronto.” After you weed through the results, make note of the ones you really like.
- Research the websites such as www.RentSeeker.ca and view all the pictures, virtual tours, floor plans or any videos if included. Make sure the apartments that are being offered have your requirements.
- Reach out to the owners or property managers of the units you like. You can call them directly if their phone number is listed, or you can email them with more questions. Most of the time it is best to contact directly via email so that everything you discuss will be documented. This is better for your safety and will ensure that you get everything you were promised.
- Once you decide on the place, fill out the rental application. This can most likely be done online as well. Some of the information that will be requested is very personal such as bank account numbers and social security numbers. This is standard since the owner will need to verify you have the means to pay for the rental. If anything seems suspicious, however, be sure to do a complete check on who the money will go to.
The next thing to do is wait to be informed of the approval. Once you hear back, all you have to do is move in! Renting an apartment online is as easy as that.
*For furnished apartments for rent online, you can check out SkyViewSuites at www.torontofurnishedrentals.com.