Moving in to a new place will cost money; you need to know what to do to stick to your budget.
Here are 10 Steps that will help you furnish your apartment cost effectively.
- Set a spending budget and decide what needs to be bought first and what can wait till next paycheck.
- Essential furniture items needed are a bed and a dresser, if there is little closet space. A kitchen table with as many chairs as you prefer. A comfortable couch, a TV and a stand or entertainment center, or a wall mount.
- Search out all the home furnishing stores in your area, then leave outside of your district and see how the prices fluctuate. The merchandise downtown may be the same as in urban neighborhoods, but they usually come with a higher price tag.
- Surf the web, look up all your local department or furniture stores and see what they are presenting. You may be able to find places that carry the same products in stores as online. When you walk into a store, ask if they price match.
- Shop at IKEA, but be selective. You can find very practical furniture at affordable prices here; however, not everything is appropriate. Pick items that are sturdy and put back low quality things. The furniture can be assembled by contracted workers of IKEA who do fantastic work.
- Browse bargain brands or outlet malls, they usually carry a discontinued well priced selection. The furniture may have minor chips or dents, however are usually discounted majorly. Most of the time, the savings outweigh the imperfections.
- Skim through the FREE section on Craigslist, folks toss things all the time. Luck determines if you get to find something nearly brand new.
- Thrift stores that are located in or within close proximity to expensive neighborhoods often carry gently used decent rate furniture at good prices. Keep your eye out for solid wood pieces, or even decorative things like picture frames, or silver that needs polishing.
- Garage sales may gross you out, but if you spot one, go for a look-see. You never know what you might find, only consider clean and maintained product. If you’re driving, you don’t need to get out of the car unless you like what you see.
- Reuse, reduce, and recycle. Make your own art with scraps and frame it.
If you haven’t found an apartment yet, SkyViewSuites can help. www.torontofurnishedrentals.com offer affordable units that you can rent.