COVID-19 UPDATES 2020
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions Pertaining to COVID 19
1. When I arrive in Toronto, I will need to quarantine for 14 days. Do you provide accommodations for 14 day quarantine stays?
Yes we can. We offer daily rates that are slightly higher than the monthly rates that we advertise on our website. For stays less than 30 days, 13% tax is charged. If you want to avoid the tax and get the best rate possible, we recommend making a reservation for a minimum of 30 days. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
2.Will I be able to get groceries delivered to my suite before my arrival?
Yes. Given at least 3 days’ notice, our team can order all the items you need. You can send us a list, in which we will order all the items and bill you for the exact amount that these items are. There is a one time $25 delivery charge to have the items set up in your suite before your arrival.
3.Will I be able to get groceries delivered during my stay while in quarantine?
You will be able to get groceries delivered to your building for free if you stay for at least 30 days. Delivery during a stay that is less than 30 days comes with a charge of $25 per delivery.
4. I need proof of residence for my stay in Toronto, are you able to provide this?
Yes, this can be requested after securing a booking or during a booking. Our team can provide the proper documentation you will need to show the local authorities.
5. Are the amenities open?
We operate our suites within a building independently of the people who operate the building and the amenities. Some buildings have opened their amenities and others haven’t. Some may close their amenities again. Unfortunately we do not have any control of what takes place in the common areas of the building. We are complying with decisions made by building managers/condo boards that have closed many amenities within the properties like the Fitness Centre, Pool, Sauna, Party Room, etc.
Coronavirus (COVID 19) FAQ and Cleaning Protocols
What is this virus?
Some coronaviruses can cause illness similar to the common cold and others can cause more
serious diseases, including Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East
respiratory syndrome (MERS). The virus is called ‘novel’ because it is new. It has not been detected
before this outbreak.
What are the symptoms?
Symptoms include (but are not limited to) fever, cough, sore throat, tiredness and shortness of breath.
How is the virus spread?
The virus is most likely to spread from person to person through:
- Close contact with an infected person
- Touching objects or surfaces (such as door handles or tables) contaminated from a cough or
sneeze from an infected person, and then touching your mouth or face.
Who is at most risk of serious illness?
Some people who are infected may not get sick at all, some will get mild symptoms from which they
will recover easily, and others may become very ill, very quickly.
The people at most risk of serious infection are:
- people with compromised immune systems (e.g. cancer)
- people with diagnosed chronic medical conditions
- elderly people
How can we help prevent the spread of the virus?
Practicing good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best defense against most viruses.
- wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to
- cover your cough and sneeze by using your inner elbow, dispose of tissues, and wash your
- avoid contact with others (stay more than 2 meters from people).
How are we changing our business and cleaning protocols to help
- Limited office hours. As you know, our office has been temporarily closed to
the general public and most staff. Access for check-ins is by appointment only.
- (We are currently open for regular business hours from 9 am to 6 pm every weekday- updated September 01 2020)
- Cancellation of bi- weekly cleanings. We have temporarily cancelled all bi-weekly cleanings
- Time between tenants: The virus can live for different lengths of time on
different surfaces. Effective immediately, we have changed our booking
processes to leave a few days between tenants, and the units are only being
cleaned at the end of each gap (with a minimum of 72 hour gap).
- High touch surfaces: We are cleaning thoroughly and disinfecting!
This includes ALL:
o door knobs
o handles (toilet, sink, cabinet handles etc)
o light switches
o telephones and remote controls
o window covering controls (where applicable)
o counter tops and surfaces
o office / desk chair arm rests and head rests (where applicable)
WHAT COMES IN A FURNISHED RENTAL?
This video shows you what comes standard in our furnished rentals.
1. All of our furnished rentals are move in ready and completely turnkey - just bring your bags.
2. Living Room - Our typical living room set up includes a generous three-seater sofa (in some units a sofa bed), entertainment console, coffee table along with other modern decorative touches. To keep you connected, all of our units are appointed with large flat screen tv’s, 400+ cable tv channels, unlimited wifi and a landline phone with Canada wide calling service.
3. Kitchen - You will also find that the kitchen comes with all major appliances that come standard in a regular residential household (a full sized stove, stove top elements, full sized fridge and microwave). For your cooking needs, all suites come fully stocked with utensils, dishes, glassware, cookware, pots and pans and small appliances like a toaster and coffee machine.
4. Bedroom - In the bedroom, guests will typically find queen sized beds that comfortably sleep two adults, although there are some king bed options. All beds come with clean/fresh sets of linens and pillows and feature closets for personal storage.
5. Bathroom - Most of our bathrooms have a full shower/tub combination. We provide starter toiletries in the bathroom - including soaps, shampoo and toilet paper. Sets of towels and linens are also provided.